Could you step up to social work?
We are calling on graduates, and those looking for a career change, to consider the step up to social work with a fast track programme.
If you’re thinking of taking on this rewarding career, you’ll be supported by a bursary of £19,833 during training, learning through a combination of in-work and university experiences.
To be eligible to apply you’ll need to have:
- A minimum 2:1 level 6 degree qualification – for example, a degree with honours
- Or, a minimum 2:2 honours degree plus a higher degree (level 7 or above).
- Grade C or above GSCE in English/ English Language and Maths (or approved equivalent).
- A minimum of six months full-time experience (or equivalent) of voluntary or paid work with vulnerable children, young people and/or families/carers or adults.
- You will have completed your degree (final year students are not eligible to apply).
- Live in England.
- A driving licence and use of a vehicle in some locations, or to confirm that you’ll be able to travel for work if you do not have a vehicle.
- To complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
More than 1,600 students have qualified through the Step Up programme nationally since 2010, and over 600 are set to complete in the spring.
Online applications close 7 April 2021.
For more information visit: